Thursday, March 12, 2009

School News

The day at the Arizona Capital was very informative and to be there for the final rally was a great moment in time. March 4 Education was quite memorable. Can you see me in the picture?? I actually look tall. My feet were killing me by the end of the day, we walked around and stood a lot. In addition to the capital news, here are the newly elected WDEA Officers for the Year 2009-2010:
President: Darrin Squire Cholla
Vice President: Laurie Richards Cholla
Treasurer: Joslyn Brown Lookout Mountain
Recording Secretary: Carolyn Naylor Tumbleweed
Social Secretary: Susie Smith Sunburst
The teacher organization, WDEA, I belong to made their official announcement of elected officials for next school year. Yes, you see my name amongst the ranks. I am going to do my best at recording the meetings... hopefully I won't screw it up. I actually was an area delegate this year but I was taking over the position for another teacher who needed to step down. Check out the WDEA website. I actually wrote the rationale for being a member, at least they took part of it from a flyer I made one time. Teachers always borrow from each other, that is no secret.
One more day until VACATION TIME!!! I relish in the idea of sleeping in till 9 am!

No comments: