A desert, a married couple, two kids, their pets and the simple things that make us who we are.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Moving on from the past
For those of you who have actually seen some of the items of clothing in my closet there are some pieces that I have held onto for many years, dare say decades. This shirt in particular.
I went to Camp Nokomis when I was in middle school. I guess my parents really didn't want me around that summer or something. Whatever the case may be I was shipped off to a camp in New Hampshire. I remember being extremely homesick and then the next session actually making friends. I was always shy and hadn't really come out of my proverbial shell. I tended to be the one to just sit in the background and just watch. I have this weird story connected to the Eagles hit HOTEL CALIFORNIA. I had never heard that song before I went to camp and believe me, I will never forget it. Let's get back to the reason for this shirt being here. I am officially retiring this Camp Nokomis T-shirt. A small piece of my past moving on to the pile of old shirts in the sky.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment