A desert, a married couple, two kids, their pets and the simple things that make us who we are.
Monday, January 26, 2009
New Web Address
If you hadn't noticed blogger sent you straight to my new .com address. From here on out Desert Life is officially www.desertlifeaz.com. If you use the old URL you will still be forwarded to the new one, sort of like forwarding actual mail. That is my first order of news today. Rob and I went to this container store on Friday...everything in the world you ever wanted to help you contain something, it was there in that store. After making a purchase we got this bag which made me laugh so hard. I believe I heard this phrase in a SNL deep thoughts episode at some point.
It just gave me a good laugh. There are a whole bunch of new stores opening up just a mile down the road from us. We have had Desert Ridge, similar to an extensive mall strip, now stores are opening across the street and on the other side. It will be a huge center of commerce, even more so than now. Rob and I ate at one our favorites, PITA JUNGLE. A brand new one, super swanky, just opened off the 101 and Tatum! Good Stuff! A must eat! Back in the day they only had one in Tempe, down by ASU.
Just wanted to add a picture of what AZ winters are life for us. Here lay all the warm brown leaves that fell from our tree over the weekend. This is about as close to shoveling as we can get. The hassle of sweeping leaves pales in comparison to the alternative of white precipitation. I had Rob walk through first so I could hear that crunching leaf sound that reminds me of the fall season. This weekend I did travel up north to Flagstaff for some fun with my girlfriends! My friend Orla Gallagher will be Mrs. Mester in less than a week. She will begin the grueling name change process that still continues for me today. Orla and Jeff met up in Flagstaff so it was paying homage to the town that began it all. We attended the same bar/restaurant and went to a Roger Clyne Peacemakers concert to have the true Flagstaff experience. I didn't care for the 30 degree temps at night brrrr, yet the trip was quite memorable. I will have to sort through the pictures to find the best to share with you. Look out for them soon. Today is official house stuff, we are bringing papers in for our new house loan and doing some more house searching. It totally called for a day off work...hence my entry at 8:50 am, normally I am in a room full of 5th graders.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment