Wednesday, July 2, 2008

First wedding gown fitting & a novel to entertain you

I went to see Evan on Monday. 6 weeks old and he likes to smile. I got to visit with mama Lori, my bridesmaid. Okay, I might as well tell you all about my one and only wedding drama I had over the course of the last 6 months of planning our wedding. >>> Get ready for a long winded read<<<>In addition to the poor service it was boiling hot in the dressing room, no water was offered just a "deal with it" attitude. After the 2nd or 3rd dress I tried on there was one, amongst all the chaos, that I loved! In my mind I thought, that was the dress but I knew I need see another place, just in case. But, when you know...you know, you know? We made the decision to end our search there since the service was atrocious. We went out to get information on the dress that I liked and they wouldn't give out any info, we couldn't get the designers name or a style number. Nothing! Bev, our assistant, was still frazzled so I inquired the assistance of another lady working there and she gave me the same unfathomable words. The dress was a stock dress, apparently the only one left in the world because their information was under lock and key. It was the oddest thing...Tara snuck a peak at their card and managed to memorize a style number because she is a numbers genius but they continuously said they were unable to give us that number. Bev and the "manager" assistant caught the disdain and frustration in our voices and an offer was made. They were willing to knock off $200 off the price of the dress. Bev proceeded to write on the card crossing off the original and giving us the reduced price next to it. We left shortly after that, without purchasing the dress but the offer was still open as long as no one else came in for the dress. This was not the end of the drama, believe it or not. I went in after all my searching had been complete and went to try it on again ready to pay that reduced price and believe it or not THEY TRIED TO GIVE ME THE RUNAROUND! Bev pulled the card out and someone conveniently crossed out the reduced price and put it back up to the original? Unbelievable! It doesn't end there...after the price speed bump got settled and I got the reduced price I was lead to believe that the dress would be cleaned, stock dresses have more wear and tear and mine needed it. Mum was coming in March and I wanted it cleaned before she saw it for the first time. Bev pulled out a bag and said it will be going right in the bag to be cleaned for my mom. I was becoming a little more relaxed, thinking the drama was over and things were all good. After I left the store, phoning my mother telling her about my experience, I get a call from the wedding store asking me to come back and pay the cleaning amount, they forgot to collect. I thought little of it because I knew we had both established that I needed it cleaned for my mom to see it in March, an entire 2 months away. Once I walked out of there I mentally checked that off my list, no more searching for the wedding dress. YEAH! A month and a half flies by and I am calling the store to make sure the dress is back from the cleaners because Mum is coming soon and I wanted it all ready. I call and through a series of 3 phone messages and conversations they tell me the dress CAN NOT be cleaned before the alterations. I was floored, furious and just plane ticked that I was lead to believe it was going to be taken care of, with the collection of $ for the cleaning and everything....I ended up having to show my mom a dirty stock dress! I guess that information would have been nice back in January when I paid for it and the cleaning amount. It was just in general a crappy experience, when all the other wedding places were more the adequate, I was expecting over the top from the place I actually got the gown from and that was TOTALLY NOT the case. Let it be a lesson learned. I went in Monday and got my first fitting done, no problems, it was a relief and for the first time I walked out of there satisfied! They better thank their luck stars I did....I can turn on a bridezilla mentality if its called for. I got some new pictures of Rebecca & Tim's little Em in pink. What a happy face! I went to visit my friend Cindy and got to play around in the pool with even more babies Dylan (Thing 1) and Ellie that loves to kick and swim in the pool while being totally fashionable. I couldn't get the video to load up...look for Ellie's video later on :)

No comments: