Monday, June 2, 2008

Call me crazy!! Sorry Mamabear...

June 1st I made the bold life decision to embark on the adrenaline filled activity of sky diving. Many will call me crazy, which I am prepared to accept but I have to say HANDS DOWN the wildest, most outrageous and scary experience EVER! After a couple hours of wait time in Eloy, AZ our"appointment" for a party of 6 was extended slightly. The hugely supportive crowd that my compatriots had gathered were a mix of family and friends ready to see them off on the event. We had a huge cheering section just for the 6 of us. It was very comforting. There is a picture of us all strapped and ready to go and one of me and my tandem professional sky diver, Jared that had OVER 5,000 successful jumps under his belt.


Tandem, means a professional skydiver basically straps you onto their gear and they use their expertise to bring you down properly. At the end of this I will have a video of my landing but if you are satisfied with the pictures, which some may, you can skip the video landing and leave it up to your imagination. I felt as close as I could get to the heavens and I know I had my dad watching over me, excited yet probably nervous for me at the same time. I think of the thousands of men and women paratroopers that have risked their lives sky diving into unknown territories over the last 5 + years during the war. 7 +years if you count the invasions in Afghanistan. Anyways, back on subject. It was a eye opening, stomach flipping and heart pounding experience that I will never forget and no one will ever take that away from me. For those that are curious... my nervousness didn't start until we were climbing altitude in the small plane, I didn't think I would ever get that nervous in my entire life. I compared it to the time I tried out for my high school play My Fair Lady. My heart was in my throat, I could only take deep breathes and I couldn't stop fidgeting. Everyone had jumped out of the plane already and we had to wait almost a minute and a half until it was our turn to go. Jared and I were the last pair out of the plane. I had to stare at the open doorway for 90 long agonizing seconds until the light turned green and it was our time to go. I still can't believe I did it!! I literally kissed the ground as soon as I landed, plus my legs were like jello. What a thrill! Now the skies the limit!! I am ready for my next big plunge, MARRIAGE!

No comments: