Saturday, December 29, 2007

Back to Arizona

Tomorrow we will be entering into my third week of the engagement. Rob and I have received so many good wishes from everyone, it's overwhelming. Not to mention engagement cards, 3 of which were identical. Would you believe my Mother, my aunt June and Rob's mom Joyce all picked out the same card to send us? We got to spend Christmas eve with my mom's side of the family. My gingerbread cookies were a hit with my cousin Paul. I was a nice evening seeing Elizabeth and Caleb, it's been some time since we got to see them. We will have to get out to NYC soon. Christmas day was nice. NO SNOW! All Hines family gathered at Steve's. The hit was Rebecca and Tim's little one. Would you believe I even got Jon to hold her. He was so good with the baby, very gentle. We all got a turn to hold her, a doll. Of course my battery when and died on my camera so I was unable to take anymore shots of Christmas day :( The next day I got to see Eileen and threw back a few at the local watering hole. My last day in Andover I went to see Grandma's house, one last time. It was good seeing it and remembering everything I loved about her in that house. There is a lot of love in that house, you can just feel it when you walk in. It was a good thing that I got over there. After wet snow started to fall, I made my way over to Susan and Paul's for a visit. I heard about amazing Dave and had to check things out. OK, I am a sucker for kittens :) You still have to pull me away from pet stores. While Dave played around I got to talk shop a little and Paul and Susan. All teachers have this unique bond that can extend conversations infinitely. Dave was always an attention grabber until he started to doze in Paul's arms. The plane back home was early the next morning. My flight was uneventful, which is the best kind. Back to a nice week off in AZ. It's much warmer here, 67 degree high today. I can't complain :) I think I am going to wear a jacket when I go out today. I admit it, I am a wuss!

1 comment:

Hunter Highlights said...

Congrats on the engagement, Carolyn & Rob. We are thrilled to hear the news and wish you many years of happiness to come! Love, Karen, Brad and "little" Joe