Friday, July 8, 2016

8 Month Hiatus


It was 8 months ago I had to get a new phone because my old (perfectly usable) mobile's screen got cracked by a new phone cover which rendered it inoperable.  We were leaving for MA within the next 24 hours and I had to rush and get a new phone without having anything saved on it.  There went all the apps, info, phone numbers, emails and all the important things that you realize you need after the moment when you lose it.  The blogger app I had on my phone went with all that confusion...hence, an 8 month hiatus.

I can also just blame it all on life happening, way too fast.  We turned around after a High School Reunion and went right out after Christmas for a Family Reunion in NOLA.  It was practically back to back.  It was all such great fun but we were done traveling for a while.  The school year started up again, everything was going well and then I got offered to teach in another school and my life got flipped once again to prepare to leave a school I had been at for more than a decade.  All very exciting but all a little nerve-racking at the same time.   Here we are half way through summer break.  Mind reeling about the newness ahead.  We have a kindergarten-er in our midst and an almost preschooler.  The days are only going to get more interesting on top of a new job in a new school.  Wish us luck and prayer while you're at it.

We did get a chance to have some fun in June. We started off with a pink jeep tour in Sedona that the boys loved!  Along with visiting every indoor bounce house in the valley.   No complaining from the boys and honestly I think Rob was the one mostly interested to see which ones were the best fun. We also got a chance to escape the heat and drive to CA to visit the Furbish family and ring in the 4th with them and all of their neighborhood block party.  The craziest block party ever!  I have never seen anything like it.  The boys asleep after the main events, which included a BBQ, pool fun, bounce house and fireworks spectacular.  The other pic, out of order is of the kids riding bikes around for the bike parade.  I have SO MANY pictures from such a fun weekend we had a blast to give us memories for many months to come.






We are preparing for a Grandma visit, visiting friends, hanging on the Atlantic Ocean (part of our bi-coastal vacationing) and a bridal shower for my youngest cousin Liz to be wed in September. After that I am knee deep into setting up my new classroom and preparing for the next phase of my art teaching career in...Junior High. Say some Hail Mary's for me now. One hundred and fifty 12+ year olds from now on.  No more innocent little 5 year old kinders anymore.  I will have my own kinder anyhow. Here we go...

No comments: