Barely a line, little hassle all the way up until we turned the corner and saw the big man in red. Preston was very excited too but when he saw Santa he kept a clearance range of about 15 feet. Even when I put Logan on Santa's lap he went straight to his wide open, no breathe cry. It was a total loss, kids 2 parents 0. I had high hopes but later on Preston did make the statement "Santa is scary". Another moment for the memory books. I will stick to the old adage there's always next year. 

The next weekend I had signed up to run a 12K in Gilbert, AZ. Of course, the morning of my run it's down pouring. The weather made for a muddy experience but I pulled off my longest distance to date. I have been doing 5K's on my own off and on. The 12K was taxing. I managed to finish without throwing in the towel. I thank my running mate Kelly for encouraging me to go through with it.
The boys are loving their new Hines Family PJ tradition. This year elves! Preston has worn them every night since we received the package in the mail. Preston already declared that next Halloween were are all to be elves! They love the matching slipper socks too! This picture was taken the night we opened and immediately out them on. Preston was so excited hugging Logan over and over again.
Preston will be moving up to the 4's classroom soon after his birthday in 9 days (yes, this mommy is fighting back tears). They have been bringing him up half days for a couple of weeks now. I came early to pick him up after work and he was eating crackers. He sat there for 15 minutes eating more and more when his normal routine is to jump up and run over to me. Crackers were apparently the priority that day, not mommy.
Logan is all over the house exploring and getting into as much stuff as Preston did at this age. He also has taken up Preston's past time of bed head. Keep in mind even though Logan has less hair he manages to pull off a cute little alfalfa after a long, hard nap one day. I came home to see this face smiling up at me. His hair sticking straight up is hard to see but it made me laugh that much harder when I did. Logan loves putting the caps on bottles and drinking from a cup. He so desperately wants to be big like everyone else. He gets mad when you give him the sippy cup, oh how I do offend.




No comments:
Post a Comment