Videos are hard to come by these days. Getting the camera or phone out before the moment is lost, another child trying to take the camera or phone away from me and time; I've been back to work for almost four weeks now but I still have not taken very many videos of Logan. It doesn't seem like that much time has gone by but it has and I'm looking at a three day work week which makes going back tomorrow a whole lot easier. I love making Logan smile and talk (cooing). Enjoy yourself some cute baby face on this one. ☺♥
I am thankful to be celebrating Thanksgiving next week with my husband who two years in a row ran off to Black Friday sales, dropped off his merchandise and scurried off to work. I don't think Preston knows about the ritual eating day yet but he will get the idea come Wednesday when I do all my cooking. I love cooking for Thanksgiving Day, a personal favorite. On the menu this year will be LeAnne's Gingersnap Sweet Potatoes, cranberry sauce and rolls. Granted the last two are store bought but Gingersnap heaven takes a lot of prep work. My mouth and stomach can't wait and shhhh, I plan to make my Nana's apple pie just for us to enjoy too.
 |
| Rob & Preston fireside 2013 |
We are especially thankful this week because Manchu a week ago was having some serious stomach issues. We couldn't even pick him up without him yelping in pain from his belly. We took him and the baby with us to a 24 hour pet hospital while Tara stayed with Preston. Five hours later, x-rays, fluids and pain meds they discharged him with instructions for a bland diet. No obstructions and they were sending x-rays to a specialist too the next day and she didn't see anything that was cause for concern. Manchu probably ate too big of a piece of food and it got lodged in his small intestine and it was giving him horrible air pockets in his track, you could see the pockets in the x-rays. So NO MORE "doggie clean up" courtesy of Manchu & Ruger, we have to un-train Preston's tendency to give the dogs what he doesn't want too. A very unpleasant lesson for Manchu and an unfortunately expensive lesson for Rob & I. Ruger, I don't know, we think he could eat a boot, his stomach is so tough, like steel.
Hope you have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment