Friday, October 18, 2013

Ghostly Additions

  Say hello to the newest additions to our Halloween decoration regime.  Nope, that isn't Preston under there.  I wasn't cleaver enough to think this one up on my own.  I found it here from AllYou.com that was connected to Pinterest, of course.  Seventeen outdoor Halloween decoration ideas right there for the picking.  I plan on doing #2 out 17 too. There have been some creative ideas from some of the people in the neighborhood plus our highly motivated Halloween family across the street that has every inch of front yard covered with a ghost, witch or pumpkin.  I felt we needed to step it up a little.
I personally love these ghosts.  I got the most expensive part of them at Hobby Lobby with  my teacher discount & 50% off throughout the entire store which made the Styrofoam spheres under the white sheets cheaper than expected.  Dollar store table cloths, black felt, 4 wooden rods from Lowe's and the rest were clothes from Preston's closet that probably won't fit him for another year at best.
 I have a week left off on maternity leave a perfect time to step up our festive decor.

   Most of you know by now that we had professional newborn pictures taken of Logan. Live Loved Photography did a beautiful job capturing the preciousness of our little guy.  We actually were outside for this picture, the last ones of the shoot that day.  Her assistant put down this heavy wooden bed, she rolled a corduroy blanket up, placed a teddy hat on Logan and curled him up to get this magical shot.  Logan had no idea that we were outside let alone realize he was naked.  He was so sleepy and content the entire time.  This picture looks fake but it's not I was there it was all real.  The photographer is a genius and loves taking pictures of newborns.  Visit her website and enjoy!

Our latest adventure has been taking walks around the neighborhood sometimes twice daily.  The weather has permitted us to enjoy these walks, finally, and Preston finds something new everywhere we go, even when it's the same street we went on the day before.  This day he decided to tote along his slew of cars in his wagon.  This collection is his pride and joy.  He takes them out back and lines them up in a big straight line, has names for many of them and he knows when one is missing or broken.  Just another thing Preston does to entertain himself and us, for that matter.  Sometimes, if you are lucky he'll ask you to play with him and maybe you'll get to hold one of his special cars from his special collection for 60 seconds or less.

Hilarious!

No comments: