Saturday, October 26, 2013

Fun Fall Activities Commence

 Our sweet little guy flashing his winning smile during one of his daily naps.  I can't believe he is 7 weeks already.  We got a little brother t-shirt that is close to being too tight Logan appears to be packing on the pounds.  Not a day goes by that I don't want to pinch those chubby cheeks!

Last weekend the whole family and "Auntie" Tara traversed the grounds of Pioneer Village.  A great day for walking around a huge piece of property that had a bits of history along the way.  There was a confederate reenactment, hay rides, hay maze, pumpkin patch and food vendors to get your favorite "carnival" snack.

Preston was in seventh heaven walking endlessly to something new every moment.  We even ran into a small wooden house that was where the local school teacher would live.  The school house a couple yards away.  Lots of the history were brought in from other parts of Arizona to be housed on permanent display at Pioneer Village.  It was a great surprise because I was just thinking it was going to be a bunch of pumpkins.  Score!  Logan slept practically the entire time.  Just a good little guy.
 It was a beautiful day but by the end of our adventure is was pretty darn hot out there even though it was 86 degrees.  Preston loved it, it was new for all of us and worth visiting again.

This same weekend St. Luke's across the street was hosting it's annual October carnival.  All the classic rides from carousels to salt and pepper shakers lit up for the whole neighborhood to enjoy.  Preston got up early from his nap on Sunday so we went over to see if he would get on the rides this year.  The only "ride" we did was this long, bumpy slide that I had to go on with him.  We tried several different ones but he wasn't into any of them.  He wanted to play in water.  Once we found the duck/prize booth our carnival time came to a standstill.  The ducks floating by was the highlight of his day.  He followed a little baby duck around for almost 45 minutes.  Apparently this type of activity will keep Preston entertained in one spot for a good deal of time.  The boy marches to the beat of his own drummer no rides for this one, just ducks...go figure.
I stuffed all the unused ride tickets that I bought back in my purse and we got home just in time to get Logan up from his nap with Daddy.  Maybe Preston will look at the carnival differently next year at almost 4 years old...wow...that's crazy talk.

I officially return to work a week from Monday.  I will slowly and carefully soak in the last days of my maternity leave and muster up the energy to face work once again.  I think heading into the heaviest holiday time of the year at school might benefit me in the long run.  Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas will be here before you know it then I get another 2 weeks off with all my boys.



No comments: