Tuesday, April 2, 2013

In Recovery

A midst the green
 I am no longer pounding on deaths door.  What seemed like an eternity to me was three weeks of sheer exhaustion and excessive  limitations that I had never experienced before.   My body had met its match and its name was Graves disease.  Pregnancy wasn't the dreaded culprit.  This disease put me through the ringer and back again and I am only now this week feeling a little more like myself.

Sitting up and talking to people is about the extent of my daily routine.  I make attempts to take 2-3 mini naps a day that make a world of difference to me.  I have been out to do the most minor of things.  I sat and watched Preston get his hair cut, in addition to me getting in a chair at a salon for 40 minutes.  I even went out to sit at dinner at one of our close eateries.  Sitting is my thing.  When I overdo it, my heart races and I am lying down for a couple hours until I feel better.
Pondering
 Nana was out here for two weeks helping with meals, entertaining/watching Preston and she even got a nightly routine in for Preston's bedtime.  Preston, even to this day, is saying "Nana chair".  I don't think I could have done it without her.  I was pretty bad at the beginning of all of this.  I have stopped working until I get some word from my doctors, yes plural, that my thyroid levels have gotten to a normal/high range.  I have 3 doctors working together to help me through my new diagnosis of Graves disease and being currently 16 weeks pregnant.

I have moved my pregnancy care to a high risk doctor that has dealt with and seen cases such as mine.  I am confident that being in her hands I will be able to handle any complications that may occur.  I also have an endocrinologist that is working with me and adjusting my levels of Methamizole, the drug to help lower my thyroid numbers.
Ed and P. Edward
 We invited cousin Ed out to the house to eat and enjoy Nana's company.  Preston took a real liking to Ed.  He was showing off from the moment he stepped in the house.  Ed got a taste of the day and life of a Pre-schooler at his finest.  Never a dull moment.  I think he worked off his dinner when Preston insisted Ed play 50 rounds of pick me up/toss me on the couch.  Ed didn't even mind sharing his dessert with Preston.  Preston was much obliged.  Visiting with Ed for 3 hours was fun but it sure wore me out.  My laying down heart rate was 97  until I finally fell asleep and this was almost 4 hours after he left.  I was only sitting and talking.  Nana and Rob were doing all the work.  I just sat there and ate.  My mind wants to be able to do more but I spent the next day sleeping and getting in long naps in, more than usual.
Egg Hunting
 Nana left on Easter day.  Rob set out some eggs with candy and I put Preston's basket together to open after Breakfast.  He was so excited to get candy, cars and books!  After a bunny shaped pancake we were out in the backyard starting the Easter Egg Hunt.  He got the hang of it quickly and he was off.  He wouldn't let go of his two newest additions to his car collection either...hilarious.  The second egg immediately after being found spilled open in his basket.  He stopped EVERYTHING and ate the entire contents of that egg (Sunkist jelly beans).  He had never had a jelly bean before and he sure as heck was NOT going to miss out on the opportunity to eat them.  Priceless! He continued to look for eggs long after all had been collected.  Finally after a half hour he came in to clean off from his candy intake.
Easter Basket 2013
For everyone that has been thinking, praying, wishing and hoping for me to get better I appreciate all the sentiments and it has been working.  I am hoping that in 3 weeks I will be back at work finishing out the year, 20+ weeks pregnant and getting back to a sense of normalcy.  It took me a while to see the light and start thinking positive.  It could be much much worse and I am thankful to have so many people care about me and Baby Naylor II.

Baby Naylor II looks absolutely adorable on its last ultrasound. Good growth, length and heart rate. We even saw some hand waving towards the end.  Cute, even in the womb!  Next appointment will be another ultrasound that will reveal the gender, Daddy will be joining me for that one.  Should we tell anyone?? Hmm, that is yet to be determined.  

No comments: