| Fall Leaves Fell |
| Mowing the sidewalk |
| Preston driving |
| Allison |
| Manzanita |
We officially say good riddance to January. All though there were some highlights it was a tough month for the Naylors. Let's start with positive news first.
Our friends Chris & Nancy welcomed their first child Allison on 1.3.13. Great birthdate. I got to see them beeming from ear to ear in the hospital the day she was born since i was still on school vacation. Just this past weekend the whole family went and visited them all. Allison stretching is one that Rob took during our visit.Preston was adorable with Allison. As i held her Preston kept saying "baby". Finally he got the courage up to touch her. He gently patted her scalp, pointed at her eyes & ears and even tried to honk her nose which is when went and prevented the continuation of his exploration. It was wonderful to see Preston interact with the newest baby on the block.
Preston and I visited Babies R Us / Toys R Us the other week and I couldn't resist a picture of him in the sports car where the doors even opened out. Pretty fancy. We continued our search for other items. On one of the good weather days Preston absconded with an old plastic lawnmower that our neighbor had on their front lawn. It had been sitting there for months, mind you, but Little Man decided to push the thing around the neighborhood for another 40 minutes. He threw a fit when i finally had to take it away. The kid cracks me up!
Finally the day before my first day back the Naylor's had their first official family photo shoot! On location the same as our engagement pictures, if you can pause and rewind 5 plus years. The shoot was 330-530 pm but Little Guy only made it to ten till five. We walked around while stopping to pose for pictures, mostly casual but i asked her be posey in some. There were three other photo shoots going on with us, when Preston couldn't play some other kids toys he lost it and we called it a day. She got some gorgeous pictures of us and she made us all look like models. I loved her work. Check out her website.
www.livedlovephotography.com I highly recommend her for my AZ buds.
Okay onto the messy stuff.....
Two days after the shoot Preston woke throwing up. Pretty much all day we were cleaning up after him. The next day same deal. I thought it was the milk, maybe it was bad. I realized as soon as day 3 rolled around and Preston got better, I got horrifically sick all day and all night. Nana was convinced we got the Neuro virus. It took me 3 days to eat dry toast, missed a day of work and suffered in a haze for the rest of the week. I barely new my own name, lost 5 pounds and lacked sleep. Of course, Nana was correct Rob followed suite and had bad symptoms like the rest of us. Finally it took 2 weeks for it to go through our household. We got to our friend's daughters 4th Birthday party just fine with the sickness behind us.
So there's our terrible awful. Not pretty and it threw us all backwards, feel like we lost two weeks of life. We are all 100%! Preston & I got to see our friends Matt & Jen run a half marathon down in Tempe, my old college stomping grounds. Walking to the finish line I saw my old dorm, Manzanita, it was gutted! Refurbishing apparently but they failed to notify me. I hadn't resided there since 1995 but I still should've been dropped a line. Just kidding.
Stay healthy, use sanitizer, do anything you can to keep away from the stomach virus we had please! Our boy is 2 years and one month and saying sentences on his own.... sporadically of course and still some indecipherable gibberish too.

No comments:
Post a Comment