Monday, November 12, 2012

Wedding, Baby Shower & Crib Drama

 
Newlyweds Jess & Paul
A thousand apologies, I failed to post a picture of my dear friend, Jessica's, wedding in San Diego.  Here is the lovely couple smiling at their reception at Bali Hai resturant in SD.  The trip was my first EVER sleep away from Preston.  A fun filled trip to San Diego with my good college friend Amber celebrating "the last" of our wedding events together.  The trip was wonderful, a couple withdrawls realizing that Preston wasn't there but I managed to enjoy every moment of my trip.  Amber and I enjoyed a brewery tour & tasting at Green Flash Brewery, Sweiners,mexican food with the happy couple and a super fun bike ride along the San Diego city coast.

Me & Amber at the wedding

The last couple weekends have been going by so quickly, my camera has over 300 new picutures and my mind is still reeling from the fact that Thanksgiving is next week!   This weekend was our friend Nancy's Baby Shower.  I decided to make an adorable fruit basket for her day.  I saw this on Pinterest and HAD to do it!!  The night before we bought Preston a big boy bed and we had quite the situation on our hands but none the less, I had a fruit baby to make!

At 9pm I was starting to carve the watermelon, then the canteloupe.  Preston wasn't making one peep so I continued my fruit sculpture.  I had just about everything ready, only a couple things to do the day of the shower (Sunday).  No sooner I cleaned up the fruit baby mess another baby was making himself known. 


Fruit Baby
I found Preston crying on the floor!  He wasn't in his big boy bed.  He had slept on the floor for 2 hours.  I tried our normal routine but he wasn't buying it.  Several tries and finally I closed the door the 3rd time and heard a big THUD!  Ran in there to find Preston sitting on the floor with blood dripping down is face. The nose got the brunt of the fall.  He wasn't going back in that bed that night.  I calmed him down, got out the pack n' play and made an attempt in there, to no avail.  He ended up in bed with me, slept there for 2 hours until he was fast asleep and I got him in his room for the night right about 2 AM.  A severly long day to say the least.


Nancy's first view of my Fruit Baby

Sunday was the shower.  I was out the door at 10 AM.  It was such a nice baby girl shower.  All the food, decorations and gift made a wonderful day for Nancy.  She is due in January.  May the baby race continue...

I think that covers most of my weekends over the last month or so.  Preston is now in his convertable crib. No more toddler bed (when Rob set it up I had a bad feeling about it despite how adorable it was).  Not the full crib set up but more like a day bed with a little safety rail.  Last night he slept from 9 PM to 2 AM.  I walked in and he was on the floor again.  No major spills or bloody nose....thank goodness.  He went back to sleep and this morning I found him on the floor by his rocker.  The boy can sleep on the floor, who knew?  Looks like it will take some time before we get him in the "big boy bed".  That is just fine by me, I am not ready for him to be a big boy yet anyhow.  He will remain my baby for a couple more months. 

No comments: