Saturday, August 11, 2012

Changing of the Tides

Preston at the Cape 5 months old
I searched through the old pictures and found a match of sorts.  Back when Preston was barely 6 months old he visited the Cape in June.  We didn't get any beach time in that year but it was memorable all the same.  I stare at that little boy, no longer a "baby", pointing at the water behind him and think about how quickly the times have changed; as quick at the tide comes and goes.   
I have survived my first week of teacher prep and I am officially excited for my 9th year teaching art at Tumbleweed.
Mostly seeing the same faces there this year with a couple new additions.  We are on our 3rd new music teacher too.  I am hoping this one sticks.   I had the London Olympics on the entire time this week.  I am glued and I just can't fight it.  I cheer for USA, then Colombia, then Italy and back again.  I cry at the inspiring stories, cheer when a medal is won and sympathize with the defeated.  I don't think I have EVER enjoyed the Olympics this much ever.  Why now?  I don't know?  Your guess is as good as mine.   


Preston at the Cape 18 months old
I have taken on a new position this year.  No after school teaching, I will be overseeing and mentoring 2nd year art teachers.  I have a small but esteemed group of four.  I've been visiting their classrooms and grading their artifacts, as did my art mentor 7 years ago.  Who knew I would be taking on the same role?  I hope that I can do as half as good a job as she did.  Wish me luck in my new adventure! 

No comments: