Monday, April 30, 2012

Two Years Ago in April

Loving his climber/slider

It is really crazy the things you remember when you are tired.  Last week I was searching through old journal books I found in a drawer.  It says...April 25th pregnancy test positive today!  Who knew from that moment on our lives would change for the better.

Preston is now 16 months old today.  I could have sworn I wouldn't be the type of mother who refers to her baby as a "whatever" month old but here I am 2 year after finding out I am going to be a mother, I am eating my own words. 

Mom and Dad drink this much??
Preston was playing around at dusk the other week.  He found our collection of corks.  We DO NOT, I repeat; do not drink this much wine.  Rob has been collecting from work and drying them out.  We are starting a cork wall in the kitchen.  It is really, really nice and there are over a thousand corks nailed to the space above the sliding glass doors.  It's subtle but unique.  Another great creative idea courtesy of Rob.  Gotta love my man.



Preston's new cut by Grandma

Preston has been enjoying his visit with Grandma Joyce and Sonny this entire week.  It has flown by and we have enjoyed every moment with them.  Grandma even gave Preston a brand new hair do.  Doesn't he look like a new boy!  I will be posting more pictures from their visit soon.  I am sad to see them leave and we are grateful that Preston could get some Grandma and Grandpa time in!  He loves them SO much!

I have 4 more weeks of work...summer is almost upon us.  Midterms and the last leg of this year's school journey is finally here.  I can't wait to spend every day of summer with my big guy!

No comments: