Saturday, April 14, 2012

Second Easter Firsts


Easter Basket and Easter Pancake
Preston fell asleep wondering why did Mommy put a carrot  inside the laundry room?  Reading that out loud made me wonder a little myself.   Mr. Bunny Rabbit needs a little something to nibble on without letting the dogs get in the way of Mr. Rabbit enjoying his treat.  Mommy thought the, closed in, laundry room was best.  I am sure Preston will have no memory of this; I will though.  In addition to making his breakfast the next morning.  I carefully hid all the eggs that were in his basket (yes, it looks a little barren) his eggs are outside people...give me a break.  To offset the emptiness of the Easter basket this year I made bunny pancakes to match his new bunny sippy cup.  He actually LOVED both the cup and the breakfast when he finally woke up that morning.  Preston looked like a chipmunk with it all stuffed in his mouth.  With belly full of bunny pancake Preston was perplexed again, he couldn't understand why Mommy was putting on his socks and shoes. 

The next minute we were outside, in brown shoes and full jammy attire.  I set out the colorful eggs with Cheerios and yogurt bites inside of them.  Candy is still off limits this year but maybe next year we can put yummy treats inside.  
I think someone sees an egg???

It took me a while to get Preston moving around to even notice an Easter egg.  He finally managed to make it to the first one, bent down, snatched it up and quickly tried to put it back!  PRICELESS!  I can see we needed some egg hunting tutelage.  We got a little more practice in with the next one, with each discovery we're getting a better handle of how things were supposed to go.  It had to be the sweetest, most innocent First Egg Hunt experience ever!  After 20 minutes passed we finally got over to the last egg on the window pane, I only had 6 eggs hidden, yes I said SIX.  Preston took his time and needed some redirection but I think he will be old hat at it come next Easter.  
Is that another one?
The next part of our day was spent getting ready for church.  Once Preston had his navy blue shorts and teal blue polo on he was running around the house like a mad man.  It must be the excitement from the big egg hunt.  Well...he grabbed his "Porky" pig, which coincidentally matched quite well for Easter and we were in the car on the way to the Ben Mester Baptism.  Afterwards we enjoyed a wonderful Easter lunch courtesy of the Mester/Gallagher clan.  It was a long day but such great fun spending time with friends on the holiday weekend.   We had a feast and Mr. Preston stayed up for the entire day!  I couldn't believe it, he was not wanting to nap whatsoever.  He knew it was a special day and he didn't want to miss a thing.  I have lots of pictures from these most recent events, I may have to make another Flickr entry in the near future.
Running off that bunny pancake

The work week flew by.  Next week is AIMS (Arizona's Instrument Measuring Standards) so all the art, music and P.E. classes are cancelled with the exception of Friday.  I will be officially giving my first AIMS test to eleven 3rd graders who are ELL and need special accommodations since English is their second language at home.  Definitely something new after 8 years of teaching art but I guess I knew it would eventually happen.  Wish me luck.  
Last but not least Rob, Preston and I got to drive down Thursday evening to meet the newest member of the Gosar family, Lorelei weighing in at 8lbs 15oz.  Now that is one generous Easter present.  Mother is doing well and Lorelei opened her eyes for us in the middle of eating and dozing off.  I can remember when Preston was that little it really seems like yesterday. Such a beautiful little girl. Congrats to the Gosar Family, now officially a party of four! 
Lorelei

No comments: