All the females at the party loved him. He sat right up on the couch chillin' with the ladies. He got passed around to the ones who wanted to get an arm workout holding the 16 pounder. And he was totally content the entire time which gave Mommy a chance to mingle and chew some food.
A coworker's daughter Sophia was there, 5 days older than Preston, she was grabbing his face and trying to hold hands with him. I think she likes the younger guys already...watch out there's a flirt in the making. I denied him his usual hour to two hour nap so I was happily surprised when Preston was so well behaved. He likes crowds, gets highly stimulated and stares. Ceiling fans are still a great form of amusement and her house was accommodating in that arena. He did snag a little cat nap in my arms a little before we headed out from the great evening at MaryAnna's. We got home just in time to hang with Daddy for a bit and then it was eat, bathe and eat some more before he was out like a light.
Right now I am listening to the pounding of power hammers and nails on the roof next door. Apparently the roofing company enjoys waking up a neighborhood at 5 AM to start their work this morning. Granted, that is around the hour I rise during the week but on a Saturday? Cut me a Break!
I digress, three more days with students and one teacher work day and I am DONE for two months, maybe I shouldn't complain...anymore. Time to start some laundry and take in some more winks while Preston takes his usual morning nap. Love this kid!
No comments:
Post a Comment