![]() |
| Christina, Michelle, Kiley, Brandy, Me, Vicki & Jen |
I am looking at our "soon to be" baby's room picturing where the crib will go. I have some clothes hanging in the closet, Rob's box of baby toys and some baby gifts still in gift bags on the floor. My friends were kind enough to take me to Mimi's Cafe for brunch on Saturday and give me the ultimate baby gift...the car seat to take Boy Naylor home from the hospital! When I got home I took it out and studied the manual like I was cramming for an exam the next day. With everything we get for this little baby the more excited I get for his arrival.
My big, sorry, my huge belly I lug around everyday also tells me his presence is coming soon. I am constantly feeling this child move around, shift, punch, stretch and every other movement he decides to make in there. He has started moving into my ribs even while I am walking which makes things difficult at times. I am also feeling the "practice contractions" otherwise known as Braxton Hicks. There are times when I just have to stop and grip something tight because the contractions are painful. Don't worry...I am not in preterm labor my doctor and I established that at my last appointment. I don't think being short helps the pregnancy situation; basically sitting, sleeping and eating are making things difficult with each day. If I sit too long I am in pain trying to stand up. If I start eating Boy Naylor starts having a food party in there and we are in "movement city". If I try to lay down it takes a good 45 minutes to get myself comfortable and usually when I do he moves just enough to disturb my bladder...taking me back to square one. I dream about how well I use to fall asleep...I'd pay top dollar to fall asleep like that again.There is a quick breakdown of my day to day with this little boy still inside me. I don't hesitate to say that I am anxious to have him out and be done with the pregnancy. Rob has been ultimately sweet during all my aches, pains and needs during the end of this pregnancy. He helps me from the couch when I can't get up, gets pillows for me and he has pretty much taken over the cooking of dinner each night. He is constantly coming home with some new toy or baby item that he found...too cute. I am trying to prepare him for how small the baby will be and all his needs we'll have to tend to.
I am getting ready for a Thanksgiving meal over at the Hanson's household this week. My three day work week is putting a smile on my face too. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:
Post a Comment