We had a great stay at the
Ghost City Inn. We stayed in the Americana which was tiny but it worked out for a nights stay. I enjoyed the bed & breakfast experience but I think I would have preferred a more "active" room. Rob and I didn't have any paranormal experiences just a really hard, tiny double bed that I kept thinking that I would fall out of all night. I pretty much woke up every hour on the hour. I sort of blame my 28 weeks of pregnancy and missing the comforts of a king size bed at home.
Rob is not in Chile returning to the surface from 2 months underground this is a newly opened historical landmark in Jerome. Jerome was the hub of copper mining around the turn of the century. We made our way over to the part of the mine that still exists 1900 feet below the ground. 650 higher than the empire state building. It certainly a great site to see!
Our feet are standing on the thick glass that prevents us from falling to our death down the shaft.

We had a great night with a 2 hour haunted ghost tour. We were the only ones in the group, we had an emf detector to play with and we visited some of the most haunted buildings around the town of Jerome in the dark. There was a part where we were walking around this former school house building and were getting no activity/readings. There was a run in with another ghost tour guide and words were exchanged which churned up some negative vibes (in my opinion) and after the confrontation ended our emf meters were lighting up with activity surrounding our group of 3. We got a lot of great history of the the buildings that were once there, as well as, the ones that still stood the test of time.
Rob had made a reservation to have dinner at the Asylum but our tour ran longer than expected so we had dinner just before 9pm at The Grape. It was a good meal, that late at night. We will have to get to the Asylum another time. We had fun on our quick trip out of town. Jerome is fun to walk around and take in a bit of Arizona's history.
No comments:
Post a Comment