Thursday, September 30, 2010

Proud Big Brother


Zeppy & his brother's newest baby pic


Zeppy looks proud behind the Sneak Peek frame of Baby Naylor.  I had a second ultrasound today to get better pictures of Mr. Moveabout's little heart.  The tech didn't get good shots of it during our first ultrasound so...and we ended up finding out some interesting news. 

Baby Naylor has lots of amniotic fluid around him which can predict a bigger than average size baby.  They took his measurements and estimate him in the high range for his age in the womb, above average.  Great for him but this does leave me with a bit of concern.  How heavy is this kid now? Apparently he is about 2lbs 4oz already?  WHAT?  Yes, that is what I said!  I had to repeat it to myself twice during the ultrasound to get it through my thick skull.  This child has potential to be a BIG healthy baby boy.  Baby Naylor was moving around relentlessly and also kicked me 2 times in the side to make a point he was done with the appointment.  A half hour was apparently enough for him. 


Baby Naylor at 26 weeks and 2 days
Here is a nice close up of his little face.  I see myself in this one believe it or not.  The cord was pressing up again his cheeks and it blocked a perfect shot.  I love these 3D effects, the image just blows your mind and really deals you the reality that he is in there growing roughly a half a pound a week. 

He doesn't have that much longer to go.  His heart rate was right at 149 which they said was perfect.  I am secretly hoping that means I will have this baby earlier than my estimated due date: January 4th but that is only a feeling I have I have nothing to base it on except the sheer terror of giving birth to a 9lb baby. 

No comments: