Friday, July 2, 2010

Floatin down the Mississippi

After a long day in a meeting we boarded this steamboat to take us on a food, drink and jazz filled evening. We dined on chicken, catfish and pork along with a salad & dessert bar. I, unfortunately, was feeling every small, rocky movement of the big vessel and prayed that I wouldn't be feeling the negative effects of water travel.

With the luck of N'awlns with me I made the voyage without incident. I went outside and had the wind in my hair while we enjoyed the rest of the float down the river. We listened to some wonderful jazz music to accompany our boating experience. I have to say hands down a "must do" activity if you travel to the Big Easy.

We finished the evening off with a longer stroll down Bourbon Street. We stepped in and out of bars dancing, experiencing the locals and enjoying the excitement of New Orleans nightlife. Hotel Monteleon (slightly off away from the craziness of Bourbon Street) ended our fun filled evening. The bar at the hotel had a slow moving carousel that took its patrons around the bar counterclockwise. I made it around 5 or 6 times before our crew called it a night...Day 1 was officially over.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: