Manchu is officially on the mend. It took about 4 days for them to finally figure out what was actually going on in his little body. After all the sickness he experienced, fluids, intravenous medications, xrays, ultrasounds...(the list goes on) it finally took emergency exploratory surgery to make the diagnosis.
Mr. Manchu decided to eat a palm tree seed/nut. They are about the size of an olive, solid and indigestible for him. That seed traveled down into his system and lodged itself in his intestines. The seed started clogging everything, preventing him from eating, as well as, making his gallbladder become enlarged, big enough to push his little stomach to the side of his body. They had tried everything to figure out what was going on and finally emergency surgery around 4:30pm took place. The idea of surgery was scary. I was so worried he is so small and they, at that time, were just going in to search for something (the seed wasn't visible on the xrays). Honestly... the only thing that was running through my head was that song by the Jackson 5. I'll reach out my hand to you....just call my name and I'll be there....I'll be there comfort you....I'll be there to protect you...Very corny, I know. Around 6pm we got a call about the silly seed/nut and we knew we were out of the dark scary woods we had been traveling for 4 long days.
We got to see him afterwards he was awake and happy to see us. He was groggy and needed to stay at a 24 hour hospital care facility. Rob and I carefully transported him to Eye Care for Animals a couple miles down the road and he is there for the night on medication, oxygen and hopefully on the road to recovery. He just needs to start eating again and I know he will be back to normal☺.
After we dropping him off Rob was determined to get a fence at home depot to prevent anymore eating of seeds when Manchu comes home. He started the fence until it got too dark. Rob is so sweet! I am finally going to sleep well tonight. If everything turns out well Manchu will be home with us tomorrow in the afternoon. He needs the comforts of home, his food and good old Naylor TLC! ☺
No comments:
Post a Comment