Saturday, October 3, 2009

Time moves on....

On to a new era....

I am enjoying the end of a complete lazy day. I did some organizing from all the boxes we are presently living in. I have another full we of work and then I will be enjoying a nice fall break from school.

Rob and I have decided to do some inexpensive traveling to celebrate 12 months of marriage. We can't get back to Hawaii for our 1st wedding anniversary but Rob suggested doing something in this grand canyon state of ours. We have been out in the desert for almost a decade and a half and neither of us have been to the largest attraction there is to see in America. Therefore, Rob and I will be embarking on our first road trip to see the Grand Canyon! There is a free opportunity Rob has through work. The company gets so much business through the resort they give the trip free to resort employees. We have to pay for the lunch they provide and tip of course. A perfect alternative since we are trying to save all our penny's for our new house.

I am excited for yet another first with my husband. We have kept the top of our wedding cake and I am really curious to see if it is as gross as everyone says it is. When did the tradition of keeping a part of your wedding cake and eating it on your first anniversary get started? Who was the genius that thought that would be a yummy thing to eat after 365 days? I think I need to do some research.

I have two weddings and a baby shower the rest of the month of October to enjoy on the weekends...lots of reason to celebrate!

No comments: