Monday, February 16, 2009

Our First Valentine's Day!


Even thought he ended up working Valentine's Day morning, Rob was very sweet to bring me a dozen roses, a sweet card and one of MY FAVORITE DISNEY movies Mary Poppins! I had been talking about getting it ever since I started singing the tune after an advertisement the other week on tv. The roses are in full bloom today, SO BEAUTIFUL! I went off and got my hair trimmed and styled for the day. After I returned we watched my Mary Poppins movie and did a little house hunting online. Our dinner reservations at White Chocolate Grill were at 5 pm. When Rob works at 5 am he gets hungry early. It was semi busy when we arrived but it was a total mob scene when we left! The food was spectacular, although they ran out of mashed potatoes? How does that happen? Rob was slightly suspicious when he saw a plate of mashed cross his line of vision during our dessert course. We shared a delectable bread pudding! It topped off my meal of filet mignon, mushrooms and couscous that I ate and Rob's halibut and honey roasted carrots. In addition, if you ever have the chance to eat grilled artichoke try it, it was quite yummy as an appetizer. We got home full, yet Rob managed to squeeze in a Valentine's Day carrot cake cupcake I made for him earlier. I poured the extra batter into cupcakes but I also made him a heart shaped cake to mark the special first Valentine's Day as newlyweds.

No comments: