Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Bridal Shower

Saturday afternoon Aunt June & Aunt Mary hosted my bridal shower at our family's house in Andover. All of my extended family was present for the occassion plus many of my mothers friends over the years graciously came to enjoy the special day. A room full of gifts, loads of yummie food, friends & family all around...can't be beat. Eileen, friend of 26 years, was able to share in my day. Eileen is expecting her son Matthew in August. Very exciting! I was trying to get around to say hello to everyone and then I noticed the cake. This adorable cake that looked like a basket was actually decorated frosting. The flower arrangement was real and the cake inside was phenominal. Lobster sandwiches, chicken salad sandwiches, roastbeef, ham, fruit salad, pasta salad...I could go on and on...all the food was great! I made a feeble attempt to take some pictures before things got started, luckily Eileen wad able to get some good shots of the gift opening later on. Everyone was more than generous in their gift giving. We just shipped everything out to Arizona yesterday...Rob will be excited to open the gifts again himself :) We will be having a yard sale soon to say good bye to the old and on with the new. I know we will need the room. It was a super wonderful day, the shower was perfect and it was yet another exciting step towards my big wedding day in October. Thanks again for being there!

1 comment:

Stacey W said...

Love your dress! :) I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful shower!