Friday, March 21, 2008

Mum visiting

Monday, St. Pattie's Day, Mum arrived safely in Arizona. Rob and I got here settled at the Marriott about 5 miles away from us. That evening kicked off our eating extravaganza. Maestro's Oceanside restaurant at the Keirland was SUPERB!!! Tuesday was hotel viewing. We have rooms blocked off for the wedding at Copperwynd, Marriott close to Copperwynd, La Quinta and the Comfort Inn. Mom, Rob and I got to see rooms at almost all locations. We did get a chance to stop by and see our possible location of the Rehearsal Dinner. That night for dinner we went to Zinc Bistro! A french style bistro that has an extremely delicious a la carte menu. We all ate every bite of that meal! Wednesday was the big day for Mum to see Copperwynd. I think she was blown away by the beauty of this resort, as was I. We visited with the wedding coordinator there, got to see the grounds and had lunch there over looking the view everyone will enjoy the day of the wedding. The food was phenomenal! I think we squeezed in an hour by the pool before dinner that night. The location was Village Tavern suggested by Kristene. We met Kristene and Cindy there to have a great meal and getting my mum to know even more of my friends. I stayed over at the hotel with Mum and say 27 Dress, which was quite appropriate! Thursday we had breakfast and we were back to my place to view the Engagement photos taken 4 weeks ago at DC Ranch. We picked our favorites to be put to print. Then we were off to Stacey & Matt's to see little Ellie. She is adorable and I think she remembers me because she fell asleep in my arms. She is only getting bigger, that cute little head. Later that evening we had to have a quick dinner at Paradise Bakery to be back in time for our meeting with the photographer. They were kind to come over and show mum the dinner photo album options. TODAY...is the big day. I am starting off slow and my mother is pool side right now as I type! We will be heading to see THE DRESS!!! Tara, my maid of honor and soon today my mother will be the only ones that have seen my dress in person. BIG DAY!! Of course you won't see photos of that on the blog. Sadly, Mum leaves tomorrow?!:( Where does the time go??? There is the low down on the weeks events. I left the photography up to my mother, we will see her shots she took at a later date :) My spring break is coming to a close.

No comments: