Monday, October 15, 2007

Stacey's Shower and Racing for the Cure

Saturday a whole group of us gathered for Stacey's shower. Hosts Kelly and Desiree gave a wonderful party. Lots of food, fun games and gifts. Stacey is here with pregnant friend Michelle. Michelle is having a boy but we still don't know what Stacey will be having in November. Everyone claims the belly gives it away but I honestly don't see it. Can you? Either way we are all anxiously awaiting. We got to see the endless amount of gifts one couple can receive in preparation of a newborn baby. Some of the stuff Stacey couldn't
even lift onto her lap to open, belly getting in the way. It was great fun!
I also went to do the Race for the Cure in downtown Phoenix. Orla, her parents, Kelly and I prepared early in the AM to join the thousands of walkers and runners partipating in the event. I had done this race many years ago, twice but this years race was held in a different section of downtown. In total it was a 5 K walk yet we walked 8 miles including the to and from the parked car. It was a beautiful day and I AM ON VACATION!!! No problem :) We did get to enjoy a nice early afternoon breakfast at US Egg to stave off any post race hunger. A late afternoon nap finished off a nice Sunday. No complaints for the start of my Fall Break.

No comments: