Monday, September 3, 2007

LABOR DAY is here again

I am enjoying my day off. I hope all that were able to take part in a similar luxury are having a superb time relaxing. Rob is two doors down painting kitchen cabinets for our old neighbor that suddendly moved to FL. There are no favors here, don't worry he got paid for his efforts. I am taking the time to revamp my year of art projects and looking at new possiblities.
My SEI thursday night class is hard to attend. 4.5 hours of listening and attempting to internalize material until 9 pm at night, is brutal. I know teachers are dedicated but...come on. I also have this new bulletin board in my room (see pic). What does art mean to you? 4-6th graders can bring in something that they feel is art to them, one for each quarter, they have to write a sentence with their art. They get credit for it plus other students can ooh and ahh at their artwork. I thought it was a good idea.
***Remember anyone can come visit me at my school. Let me know, it would be fun to have someone help me, observe how kids interact and enjoy doing their own artwork.
Do keep in mind that the count down has begun until my 31st birthday. I have been very anti birthday over the last couple years. I have never been a...ME! ME! ME! It's my BIRTHDAY kind of person. I don't like attention focused on me for too long. Brievity is the order of my ego. I am trying to step out my celebration phobia.
MY BIRTHDAY IS IN 18 DAYS!!! Okay, that is about as far as I will go. Enjoy it.
I am looking forward to our FALL break in October. I also realized I will be partaking in jury duty while on my mini break. Talk about good timing.
It was nice swimming and pooling it this weekend!! Thanks ladies and gents.
Things learned this weekend....when men say "In 30 minutes I will be finished working on the car" translates in reality to "I will be working on the car for at least 3 hours if not more so be prepared". Men... gotta luv'em.
TNT

1 comment:

Jen said...

So ... what do you want to do for your birthday?!?