Sunday, December 16, 2012

14 days and counting....

Preston and his Snowman Bud
These are some old pictures from our  Glendale Glitter's adventure.  Tara and I ran around after the little P as he took in the sights and smells of the festivities.  We went into this petting zoo.  I had the cup in his hand with the animal food in it.  They practically attacked him when they saw his cup.  Preston didn't cry just letting the goats and such eat away.  Finally when the food was gone I got some pictures of him petting a pig and trying to catch a hen. 

Preston is in love with the blowup figures. The snow man and this Santa on a motorcycle were the hit of the night he kept going back to stare at both of them. 
Where the Wild Things Are
 I managed to get myself in a picture with Preston, thanks to Tara, when we came upon this huge Christmas tree.  Preston was in awe.  He kept saying "balls".  He wanted to take the ornaments off the tree. 
Mum and Preston

Preston is 23 months and we counting down the final days of being one.  As like the year before it seemed to whiz by and I can't believe how much he has changed.  As you can see Preston is half my size now.  I have no idea why he is so long but he is.  Rob is only 5'11" but you never know what is in those genes of mine.  We will see what happens in year two, he probably won't have too much more growth.  

I am excited to get to Boston, experience some cold weather and see my family.  I have one more week of school (4 days) the last Friday is a teacher work day/pot luck day so no students will be around.    I have a new teacher website now that just went live.  All the teachers in our district are required to have a website up and running by the next quarter.  I have some picture of my student's work and activities we are doing.   Luckily I am fairly computer savvy and can maneuver around the google chrome website just fine. 

Preston exactly 23 months and 1 day
Here is the website address:

 https://sites.google.com/a/wesdschools.org/c-naylor-art-room/

You can also go this route if that doesn't work.

http://tumbleweed.wesdschools.org/teacher-directory

Scroll down to my name and click the highlighted underlined name on the far right and you can connect there.

I think it's a great idea except for those that aren't computer people which I think is half the staff and most of the district.  We were supposed to have these ready by the end of the last year but they kept putting the deadline off.  I am assuming there were technical issues that they couldn't figure out too.  So if you are interested in keeping up with my classroom online...There you Go!


No comments: