We have been bringing Preston around to shops and stores over the last 3 weeks and I have discovered something new. I'm amazed at the reaction people have when newborn babies are around. I never noticed it until now. Total strangers come out of the woodwork and approach you with big, huge smiles and eyes beaming at you and your baby. They want to know all the details and information, it's pretty crazy. I can't compare much to this reaction; I barely recall the days when I'd get a look or smile of harmless flirtation back and the day; this goes far beyond that kind. To sum up; PEOPLE LOVE BABIES! I had never really taken notice to that fact. I was never one of those types of people to run up to a person I didn't know and stare, inquire and ogle at their baby.
 |
| Preston sitting up and staring at Daddy. |
 |
| Preston looking sweet like his daddy. |
I may be bias but Preston is somewhat of show stopper. He has the cheeks that call you in closer and big warm brown eyes. We even got one woman saying Preston made her just want to squeeze his little cheeks all day. Sometimes we get grandmothers rememberingwhen she had a little grandson to enjoy or a mother who wishes her children were that age again. The reactions aren't limited to woman either. We got a man asking how old the baby was because he too was a new daddy and reacts to all baby cries now. Of course, it is even more precious when small children draw interest to the baby, peering into the stroller to get a closer look.
"It is a whole new world, a magic place I never knew." ~ Aladdin
Grandma's visit has been great! We walked around an antique mall, went out to lunch at our favorite
Chipotle burrito place and visited the new
Scottsdale Quarter, a brand new section of stores across the street from the Kierland Commons next to Rob's work. The Commons and the Quarter have high end stores and now home to a movie theater that sells beer. It was a dvd movie day yesterday and we also walked around our neighborhood park for a while. Tonight we get to enjoy a meal made by Joyce (MIL mother-in-law), I am so excited! Preston just took a long nap and we are going to wait until Rob gets home to enjoy the meal...I can't wait to eat.
No comments:
Post a Comment