Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Hail Should Be on Santa's Naughty List

The top of my car looks like a case of bad acne scars.


cracked rear light.

Entire left side of doors and edge are all dinged.

One of 3 big cracks in my front windshield...the heat has expanded them since this photo.
Now you understand why my excitement has quickly run into sheer disappointment...my car got the brunt of the crazy hail storm in Phoenix last night.  I happened to be smack dab in the middle of the worst part of the storm...lucky me.  Who knew that Arizona weather could do so much damage?  I have been here 15 years and I have never encountered weather like that before.  Rain storms out here don't last long but when they do hit they obviously can leave a world of trouble in their aftermath.  One of our major highways was shut down because the lanes dip down and some parts were flooded.  The surface streets looked like a small hurricane came through, debris was everywhere, up routed trees and numerous car accidents.  I guess you can expect anything from desert weather.  I am sure my cousin Eddy, a new temporary resident, is now thinking that Arizona isn't all that it's cracked up to be...I think he brought the crazy New England-ish weather himself, thanks Ed.  There goes one home cooked meal...just kidding MB, he is welcome anytime. 

No comments: