Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Bounty for my Belly

Tea Party plates filled with sandwich variety.
 While I was back home my mother invited the female members of my family to the house for an adorable baby shower.  It was a tea party lunch style that lent to this bountiful eating affair.  The flowers were courtesy of my mother's Cape house garden some fabulous flower arranger was sent in from Arizona (who could that be?).  

I was showered with many great baby gifts which reflected the classic "neutral" baby color of yellow since we were not able to find out the gender yet at that time.  That will change this week...TBA.  It will be the token blue or pink here real soon.  I am entering into my 18th week of pregnancy.  I have a nice bump that resembles an extremely full stomach of food and some good old fashion fat.  I luckily have temporarily inherited some maternity clothes from my family of post baby friends out here in the desert (Thanks Orla).  Not to mention Nana Laine managed to help out the "mother to be" with some outfits. 

I have officially started my 6th year of teaching art.  I have to admit I get that exciting feeling when I start setting up my room, as if I was setting it for the very first time again.  Okay, I admit I'm that teacher that still loves her job, corny but it's the truth.  There are some major changes over at Tumbleweed that includes a brand new principal.  Even though Nick (the principal that hired me 6 years ago) is irreplaceable, I have a feeling that this year will still work out for the best even after a big switch around of principals in my district.  It doesn't hurt that I will be gone for 2 months out of the 9.  I know this year will fly by. 

Keep in touch with the blog for the most recent updates on what Baby Naylor will be...boy or girl?  That is the question.
Dessert plate...yes that is a swan!
My childhood play baby carriage became the bearer of the parting gifts.

No comments: