Friday, December 18, 2009

Gingerbread, Frosting & Jimmies...Oh My!

The holidays continue here at the Naylor abode. Rob and I made gingerbread cookies from scratch. They are the soft kind. Then we decorated them the following night. Rob had never rolled out dough before and I believe by the end of it all was quite pleased with his results. They are all now officially mini pieces of artwork. There has been a request to put some of the old pictures I have from my past on for better viewing. Here I am with my patchwork elephant that I still own to this day. The warm and fuzzy memories of a childhood stuffed animal, there is very little to compare that feeling to.
My brother has a nice smile on his face while I deliver one of my most famous blank stares that was common in my kid photo moments. Thanks to Mum another childhood memory preserved. Pretty much most of my toys remain in the attic of storage, I tend to reminisce at least one every year I return to my east coast home. If you could do the same you would.

Tomorrow will be a good day. We will be visiting little miss Precious (for the first time) tomorrow and afterwards entertaining ourselves at an ugly holiday sweater gathering. Rob works from early morning to early afternoon so it will be a long day for him. I will do some last minute Christmas gift buying and wrapping after I have some good sleep in time. Oh, let the adventures of a woman on 2 weeks vacation begin! NOW!

No comments: