Sunday, September 20, 2009

Age Transition day almost upon us...

My mother comes through on the challenge of finding me, as a young one, with a big bear and here it is! I believe this bear trumps the one I shared with you of my friend son several blog entries ago. I know this is where my obsession with large stuffed animals began. I thought: HEY, you can get them this big? Now that's what I'm talkin' about.
You gotta love the late 70's and my father's pants, yet another classic. We have to really thank Mom for preserving this moment in our memory. The camera was always out and ready to capture the snapshot. Let's place credit where credit is due.

After our move yesterday, we are in recovery mode. Rob is sleeping the remainder of the day away, I don't blame him. He is a napper. I am a big fan of the nap, like today...I woke up, cleaned a little and went back to sleep. Our condo is so empty, I can see all the little imperfections and it made me want to clean. That urge didn't last long and I was back in bed realizing I was, in fact, getting old and needed more sleep hours.

AGE REFLECTION
I don't feel 33 and far from it...I imagined 33 years of age would feel older than this, it's not as such. I do have gray hairs though, ones right of passage if you will. This is something I am not too keen on. They appear out of the blue and it's not just one...they travel in packs, always with a buddy...you can never find one caught off guard riding solo. I know the proverbial pluck one and two will emerge but let's get serious now. My genes assist me in hiding most of the motley crew on my head, sneaky little suckers. This is the beginning of the end of the jet black hair my Grampie use to fawn over most of my young childhood. The end of an era...
I still get mistaken for a 6th grader in my school on occasion so I can't complain, yet. In addition, I got carded for a dvd movie rated R at Walmart during the summer. That was a shocker even for me. I think the kind woman behind the register needed to update her prescription glasses.

No comments: