Saturday, August 8, 2009

200th Post

It was made aware to me that this will be post number 200. How fitting this post coincides with the beginning of my 6th year of teaching art. This would make it my 32,400th day of continuing my career in education. Okay, the numbers are getting a little out of hand yet most people don't even last 3 years in this profession. Poor souls, they couldn't handle the hype.

Here is my classroom in all its glory. Lots of rearranging went on this year, one year it was organization, another painting the walls...it's always a revolving door in my room. I must admit, I love my art room. In art ed. class at ASU Stokrocki would make all attempts to mentally prepare us for being art on a cart. When it came down to late July and I still hadn't scored this job, that very vision entered my head and I didn't get it out until...Nick (my principal) walked me down to this very room you see here. It was as if I were in Art Teacher heaven...cue the harp strings...


Honestly a great moment to be shared. Here I am 6 years later still making improvements, changing it up so the students and I don't get too comfy. Monday I will be able to see the kids who have all grown taller than me, with longer hair, new clothes, tanned/sunburned skin, wide-eyed and soaking it all in like a sponge. There is little to no comparison seeing those kids faces when they walk in my room and they will especially like things this year (crossing my fingers)!

No comments: