Monday, June 29, 2009

Final days of June

Rob and I did a lot of walking around on the beach down the Cape. Especially since the water was indeed too cold for us to venture into. The waves were a great sound to hear, something we don't get very often. Lakes don't have crashing waves, no matter how much you try to imagine it, just calm and cool. I suspect if I need some more beach time I can always go and take a quick drive to San Diego! A 5 hour drive isn't too bad if your final destination is those crashing waves again.
We did take a liking to these types of little seashells, I believe they are called Jingles. Rob is deteremined to make them into a wind chime, sounds perfect, huh? His idea not mine, he is so creative!
He always thinks up cool stuff like that. We did a pretty good job, it's not everyday you can go and collect seashells on a beach, much fun I must say. Finally, Rob had gone and purchased what I coined "beach booties" before he left the desert. He didn't want our feet to get all scraped up on the rocks and such in the water. Rob is good at thinking ahead. Gotta love it!

An entire month of vacation has come and gone. It will soon be July and the final days before school starts up again (August 10th). I know, some of those east coasters will gasp since many just ended but remember, unbeknownst to me, we just do things different in the desert.

No comments: