Monday, May 11, 2009

2 more full weeks left of work

Buddy, our pseudo adopted dog, suffers from some seriously matted fur clumps under his white curly top coat. He has been looking pretty rough. We went and purchased clippers and took to his tough hairs immediately. Unfortunately we left him fairly uneven, the clippers went out on us; so now he is walking around the house half finished. Some places with long matted fur and the other parts sleek and smooth. We will have to fix him this weekend, he doesn't seem to mind, we haven't shown him a mirror yet though.
Contrary to popular belief, we decided to accept yet another pet into the house. Meet Churro! This Betta fish, courtsey of a co-workers weekend wedding, needed a loving caring home to take care of his needs. A couple pinches of flakes a day and some good old fashion attention help give this little guy a home. I almost accidently killed him not even 24 hours after I got him. I poured seriously cold water in his home, he went into convulsions and sank to the bottom of the tank. I reached in, pulled him into the safety of a cup of warm tap water, yet he still weighed heavy to the bottom of the cup. I walked away, sad and disappointed with myself that I couldn't keep this little guy's life going. I watched tv, heavy in self pity, blame and post fish pet owner sorrows. Rob went into the kichen to check on dinner and he says "the fish isn't dead!" Who would know that my warm water efforts revivied him and he was back in action and has been ever since that day. I am glad to officially introduce him and he apparently passed the 48 hour test of the Naylor household! 3 dogs, 1 cat and 1 fish strong!

No comments: