Wednesday, July 30, 2008

5 more days of vacation, harpist and more

Yesterday Rob and I met up with our harpist for the wedding. He was able to play the harp for us personally on these big beautifully custom made harps. He played samples of the ceremony music, entrance and exit music possibilities. It was really exciting! Check out his website too, while you are at it. Our Wedding Harpist He also takes in pound animals, which struck a cord in my heart. I know he will work out, good vibe. We are trying to finalize the transportation from hotels (La Quinta and Marriott) to Copperwynd on the day of the wedding. Please keep undated on the wedding web page and my blog for more information on that. We are working on it...
Today I was supposed to teach this Summer Academy for the District entitled Applying Art in the classroom. I spoke with a woman who said that the class is on, as of yesterday. I get everything together and got down to the school and it ends up my class was indeed cancelled. In the back of mind I expected something like that happening and it did. Whatever will be will be...right?
I love the Cape house, isn't it beautiful?! Mum is the camera woman on this one...I can't take any credit. She also took some interesting pictures of the mishaps occurring at Salem.
My mom was having a "rager", to celebrate me leaving and she busted a critical water pipe along the way somewhere and flooded this 1920's original built-in cabinet. My mum loves the excitement, what can I tell you. This is a picture of a buddah in Hong Kong courtesy of one of my teacher friends who recently honeymooned there, lucky duck. Gotta love the Buddah. On that note...I better go use my time wisely, you can never start to early on being organized in an art room. BTW I am kidding about the party my mum had.

No comments: