Thursday, August 9, 2007

Open house tonight!!


The room doesn't have all the stools still stacked on top of the counters so don't worry about that. I just wanted to show a better shot of the large yellow wall I painted adjacent to the dark green wall with the color wheel on it.

The next two walls have a light yellow green and then a nice yellow orange along the other long wall. I guess a panoramic may have done the shot more justice but this will have to do. Please keep in mind the room hasn't been set up at this point and things were still in slight disarray.

OPEN HOUSE was tonight. I was at school all day!! I couldn't access my email at work, which TOTALLY ruined me. I set the tables up, put new stuff on my boards, put some artwork on the walls and made things look nice. I had a better turn out this year!!!
I saw 2 parents and children that actually came in the room, asked questions and inquired about the upcoming year. All others saw me in the hall and just did a pass by, hello type thing on their way to seeing their classroom teacher. It was nice seeing familiar faces and I got about 10 hugs total, which always feels good. I can claim 2007-08 Open House a success! Last year it was 1 now it was 2! I can only go up from here. One more day of fixing up and kids come Monday. Where does the time go???

No comments: